Monday, June 20, 2011

Oklahoma Girl

My personal reasons as to why to blog:

1. My sanity.

Sometimes it feels like there is really no one to talk to so why not just write it down to get it out of the system.

2. My dating (or lack there of) life.

Everyone knows that Oklahoma is the land of the married, seems everyone is married by age 24 or at the very least in a very very serious relationship. As for me I haven't been so fortunate which is why I wish John Hughes directed my life. Dating for me has been a complete train wreck and as much as I enjoy dating it would be nice to have what others have but I honestly don't know if it will ever happen for me. So this allows me to see the funny/fun side of meeting new people and the adventures that occur.
"Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.."
 3. Back to School to Prove to Dad I'm not a Fool!


I already graduated from college with a rather useless degree but of course the advisers don't warn you of this when you select your major. So my Biology degree is virtually just an expensive piece of paper in a pretty frame unless I get my doctorate.  So between this and the economy in its current state, I've decided to enroll this Fall semester for an Accounting degree.


4. Personal Goals.


Let's face it is so easy to say you have a goal and then just forget about it because only yourself is holding you accountable. Well by putting goals into the blog I have to back them up otherwise not only am I lying to myself but I'm also lying to others.


2 comments:

  1. i'm going to disagree as to the reasoning behind the "fist in the air" by judd nelson. since this dude represents the ultra-rebel high school anarchist, i feel that his fist pump was his personal gesture of raging against the man, despite previously being sentenced to like three more months of detention. thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally see your take on it but I think it can be mixed with the fact Mr Anti School/Anti Popularity managed to pull the one girl in school that every guy wanted to get with and every girl wanted to be. Which was a win for him even if it was a game, he still managed to show everyone else he does what he wants so yes raging against the man and also the fellow students.

    ReplyDelete